I am pleased to be able to return to work on Fashioning Circuits in Spring 2013, with a group of five new students!
Changes to this semester include:
- Undergraduate students working on the project for the first time.
- Weekly meetings will alternate between reading/discussion and open studio time.
- Periodic blogging due dates to ensure blog posts throughout the semester.
- Two wearable projects
- one early in the semester to facilitate comfort / familiarity with materials and equipment
- a deeper, more theoretically informed project due at the end of the semester
We will once again begin with Rebecca Arnold’s Fashion: A Very Short Introduction. After that, possible readings include:
- JoAnne Entwistle, The Fashioned Body
- Sabine Seymour, Functional Aesthetics: Visions in Fashionable Technology
- Bradley Quinn, Textile Futures
as well as readings from previous semesters and various blogs, apps, and social media sites.
I also look forward to continuing our work with the LilyPad arduino and to trying out the Adafruit Flora. Follow our progress at http://fashioningcircuits.com
- Guide to Twitter for the EMAC Classroom
- New Committee Work for 2013-2014